Study-to-work residence permit

April 23, 2018

Stay in Hungary after graduation and secure your future in Europe

Are you a non-European student at a Hungarian university? Do you want to stay after you graduate? Say no more!

Get a study-to-work residence permit

Gain 9 months to decide how to proceed

Start your company or find employment

Establish your new life in Hungary

Contact us today!

What is a study-to-work residence permit?

A study-to-work residence permit is available to foreign students who are finishing their studies at a Hungarian university. It grants you 9 months of extended stay in Hungary after graduation. You can use this time to find a job or set up a company in order to become eligible for a long-term Hungarian residence permit.

How do you get it?

You can apply for the study-to-work residence permit only before your student resident permit expires. So you have to start the application as soon as possible if you are graduating in June 2018. You can learn more about the procedure here. While the procedure might be mostly straightforward, there are quite a few documents you need to submit to local authorities, which might be very stressful in the period you should be spending preparing for your graduation. But why to worry about your residency application when you can get expert help from Helpers immigration consultants?

Study-to-work residency application assistance with a dedicated consultant: EUR 900 (+VAT).

Start the application procedure by contacting an expert who can guide you through all the steps, and gets everything done for you on time. If you order the study-to-work residency application assistance by May 15th, you get a 10% discount!

If you are interested, send an email to now!

What is more: bring your friends along, and get an even better price!

Price if there are two of you: EUR 750 / person

Price if there are three of you: EUR 600 / person

What to do with your new permit?

Once you get your study-to-work residency, you can and should spend the next 9 months establishing your new life in Hungary – which will be the basis of your residency application once your study-to-work residency expires. But how to do that?

During the next 9 months, you should either find a job or start your own business. A 60-minute consultancy about your options is included in the prices above; we’re more than happy to give you some ideas.

Starting a company

Helpers has been assisting foreigners with company set-up and residency application for 10+ years. Our service includes not only company registration, but also consultancy, business planning, and a wide range of business support services, which are essential for a successful residency application as well as company operation.

Learn more about residency through company formation here.

If you decide to go through company formation with us, we will guide you through all the necessary steps and make sure you will meet all the requirements for residency.

What is more, if you applied for a study-to-work visa with our assistance, you can get a 10% discount on the business immigration package and the first-year accountancy.

Our business consultants are ready to assist you:

Finding employment

If you decide to enter employment, you will need to find an employer. In the study-to-work residency package, a 60-minute consultancy is included on how to apply for jobs in Hungary.

Learn more

If you want to learn more about the process, just call our office (+36.1.317.8570) or write an email ( to schedule an appointment, where we can review together what is the best solution for your specific situation. We would be happy to accompany you on your journey towards becoming a successful resident of Hungary, whether you decide to get a job or establish a company of your own.

Contact us today!

Contact us

  • Privacy Policy
    In order to contact you and provide you a relevant service proposal we handle your data based on our Privacy Policy.
    I want to subscribe to the blog so I get regular updates on topics related to business immigration, citizenship application, business services and other services.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
National Card Hungary
“National Card”: special residency benefits for several additional countries

The National Card is a new type of resident permit introduced with the new immigration law in 2024. This permit was originally offered only to Serbian and Ukrainian citizens but this list has now been expanded.

Read More
Hungarian residency for financially independent persons

While this is a residency option available in several European countries, there is no such program in Hungary. However, you can still choose from several options; get an overview here.

Read More