Category: Family and Student Visa

When in doubt, ask the Immigration Office directly

Wednesday, 3 April, 2024

Are you worried about the new Hungarian immigration law? Are you looking for rock solid information? Not sure who to trust? You can ask the Hungarian Immigration Office directly.

Read More
Implementation decree published for the new immigration law

Implementation decree published for the new immigration law

Friday, 1 March, 2024

The new immigration law of Hungary has been in force since 1 January 2024, and finally the implementation decree was also published on 29 February.

Read More

Q&A about the new immigration law in Hungary 5 – Student visas

Tuesday, 2 January, 2024

In the fifth part of our FAQ series on the new Hungarian immigration law and its new regulations for foreigners in Hungary, we respond to the most commonly asked questions about student permits. If you are studying in Hungary or planning to do so, this information could be crucial, so read carefully.

Read More

Q&A about the new immigration law in Hungary 4 – Family unification

Monday, 1 January, 2024

One of the central issues for foreigners living or working in Hungary is whether and how they can bring their family members along. There will be a number of changes in this regard in the new 2024 immigration law; read below for some of the most frequently asked questions.

Read More
New immigration law Hungary 2024

What’s new in Hungary’s 2024 immigration law?

Friday, 15 December, 2023

As of January 1st, 2024, significant changes to the immigration law are set to reshape the landscape for residency seekers. Learn about the key changes and their implications.

Read More
New immigration bill in Hungary for 2024

How does the new immigration bill affect employment of foreigners in Hungary

Wednesday, 29 November, 2023

The government has recently proposed a reform to immigration law in Hungary. While the Parliament is still debating the proposal, nothing is final, and experts and market players are also being consulted in on the topic.

Read More
Budapest expats - census Hungary 2022

Budapest: a multicultural city – Census 2022 results

Wednesday, 18 October, 2023

According to the results of the last census, the number of foreign nationals living in Budapest as well as Hungary has been growing steadily over the last 20 years. In some of the more popular districts, almost a quarter of the residents are foreigners.

Read More
When do you need an immigration lawyer in Hungary?

When do you actually need an immigration lawyer in Hungary?

Wednesday, 19 July, 2023

You do not necessarily need an immigration lawyer in Hungary to apply for residency or citizenship: your case is normally in better hands with an immigration agency such as Helpers. At the same time, in some cases we will also direct you to a trusted lawyer partner.

Read More
Do you need an immigration lawyer in Hungary?

Do you need an immigration lawyer in Hungary?

Wednesday, 12 July, 2023

When planning to apply for Hungarian residency or citizenship, many people start looking for an immigration lawyer. However, you do not necessarily need a lawyer just for your application; you might be better off with the expert help of an immigration agency that can provide comprehensive service.

Read More
Residency for blended families in Hungary

Family unification for blended families in Hungary

Wednesday, 25 January, 2023

When you immigrate to Hungary, it is normal to bring your family. Your spouse and underage children can always join you with a procedure called family unification. That also applies to blended families and stepchildren.

Read More
Older posts